We are having a Blood Drive at the San Marcos location!!
WE NEED YOUR HELP.
HERE ARE THE DETAILS:
- WHO: The San Diego Blood Bank
- WHERE: San Marcos Urgent Care, 295 S. Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos
- WHEN: Friday, July 15
- TIME: 10:00 am until 3:00 pm
- PERKS: We are giving 3 free B-12 shots to anyone who donates blood. The first shot can be given after the donor gives blood and the remaining 2 shots can be scheduled for the following 2 weeks.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 760-471-1111 or 951-308-4451 x 214
- Online: www.sandiegobloodbank.org
- Click on “Donate Blood”
- Select “Appointments”
- Provide Sponsor Code: CUSM
- Donors are advised to drink plenty of fluids prior to donation.
- Maintain usual eating habits on the day of donation, avoiding fatty foods if possible.
- All donors must show picture identification.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- A newborn baby has 1 cup of blood.
- The SD Blood Bank must collect 400 pints per day for area hospitals.
- Blood expires every 42 days.
- 37% of the population is eligible to donate, yet only 3% do.
- Patients suffering injuries from a car accident may use 50 pints.
- 7 out of 10 people will use blood by the time they are 72.
Thank you for your support of this community outreach. Please donate, and promote the blood drive.